This page was uploade23-apr-16->
Create set up files for EML tubes
Back to previous page
- Click the button called "Function" and then under "Biasing" choose "Fixed". (The "test" button stays at "Timed")
- To test a 300B or any 300B alike tube, first call the 300B tube by entering "300B"
- Create a set up file, for instance for 300B-XLS, by clicking the "set up" button and save the screen as "300B-XLS". Use an intelligent location to save, which is NOT the amplitrex program folder as in the default! If you do that, all set ups are lost when you re-install the program. Perhaps create a folder c:/data/amplitrex/setups/
- Re load the set up file you just made.
- CLick the button Test Setup, and enter all 300B-XLS data on the right side. That is the data from the TUBE BOX. So plate voltage, plate current, Grid voltage and transconductance.
- CLick the button Limits, and add the limits for the 300B-XLS, that is 60 Watt dissipation, and 120mA.
- Then click Setup, and Save, and the set up is finished!
- Click Setup, Open, and the 300B-XLS set up should appear.
- Click the button "Function" and choose only "noise test"
- Switch on the heater and wait one minute.
- Press "Start" to start the test.
- Strangely, the following is not shown on the PC, but only in the tester display. Observe how the tube is biasing now at 120mA. Observe 3 minutes carefully what happens, and stop the test when the current becomes more than 10% higher. If so, just restart the noise test, and you will see it stays now at 120mA.
- After 3 minutes, stop the noise test. Careful with the tube now, as the glass is very hot.
- Without waiting now, de select the noise test button, select "tube test" and press "Start".
- Now the tube is tested with hot anode.
Subscribe or unsubscribe our Mailing List
© All Rights Reserved